These terms and conditions summarise the way TBSS aims to provide a quality service, while also maintaining good customer relationships.
Please take the time to read the Terms and Conditions.
The safety of everyone attending Trent Bray Swim School is our primary concern. Although structural safety measures are in place to minimise the risk of accidents it is your responsibility as a parent or caregiver to supervise your children at all times while on our premises and to enforce the no running policy. Please expect wet floors throughout the facility and take extra care to reduce the risk of accidental falls.
All enrolments are confirmed upon booking with payment in full.
We do not take or accept “pencil bookings”.
Make up lessons:
Making up missed lessons is a concern for most parents. We place a high value on your child gaining maximum benefit from each lesson and we do our best to arrange for ONE ‘make-up’ lesson per term for lessons missed due to sickness or major injury.
Make-up lessons are a special bonus provided by TBSS not provided at most other sports or activities.
To be eligible for a ‘make-up’ lesson you need to give TBSS the information regarding your swimmer’s sickness or injury PRIOR to the lesson. This can be done in one of the following ways.
1. Phone in and speak to the person at reception.
2. Phone in and leave a message on the answerphone.
3. If you are at, or can come to, the pool, speak direct to the person at Reception
Please provide your child’s name, and your Client ID number, or your phone number.
- All make-up classes must be taken before the end of the invoice period and may not be credited to the next invoice period. However, if there is space in the Intensive Classes during the school holidays, we may be able to allocate you a space.
- If you book a make up class and do not attend that class, another ‘makeup’ class can not be booked.
- Medical Certificate: Should your child have a major illness or injury involving missing several classes, we may require a medical certificate to either transfer the lessons to the next invoice period or provide make-up lessons during the school holiday Intensive Classes.
Our program is ongoing from term to term (following the Primary School calendar), and re-registering for the following terms classes can be done after the 2nd week of the current term. The re-registration dates for term lessons and for Intensive holiday classes are announced on notice boards in the reception area and outside, and included in the newsletters available from the reception desk.
Enrolments are given the following priorities in any booking period:
- Existing Clients: Anyone booked into the current booking period has first option on their present appointment time for the next term, as long as it is the same day, same time, and same level of the present class. (we call this a ‘roll over’ and is the simplest way of ensuring a booking for the next term). Changes to the initial booking if there is a change to your swimmer’s class or you want a change of day is done under 2) below.
- Existing clients requiring changes: Anyone booking into the following term can make changes to class levels or times and days once all the swimmers’ assessments have been finalized during the 3rd- to- last week of the term. If you have not ‘rolled over’ your booking you can also book now, along with any changes needed, but remember that early bookings have a greater chance of being at the time and day you would like.
- All other bookings and New Clients. Bookings for classes and times will be allocated on a first comes, first served basis after the changes have been made for existing clients taking advantage of priority re-registration under 1) and 2).
Invoices which include confirmation of class, day, and time, will be given on receipt of payment.
Remember your Child is not re-registered until TBSS has received payment in full and you have been given a confirmation form. If you miss the deadlines for priority bookings you will need to book under the 3rd priority group.
Trent Bray Swim School is closed on Public Holidays (classes are not allocate to these days).
School Holidays: During the school holidays the weekly classes are suspended. However we offer Intensive 5-day courses each week of the school holidays . These provide a great way of learning quickly and gaining skills quickly over a short period of time in preparation for the next term, or maybe to move up a class level.
Squad swimming is available on Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 7.45am and 8.45 am for those swimmers in squads who would like to continue with some swimming during the school holidays.
For hygiene reasons all swimmers must wear a swim cap during every lesson ( children over 3 years of age). No cap no swim. No exceptions. (If you feel your child will have an issue with this please give the cap to the teacher who will have an appropriate method of dealing with the problem.)
Swim suits (togs):
For hygiene reasons swimming togs ie, Nylon or Lycra togs must be worn at all times. No board shorts or boxer shorts are allowed in the pool. If your child has an issue with this policy, please come to the reception and we will show you the options available – we have a range of both boys and girls togs available for sale.
Children under 3: must wear water nappies. (no disposable nappies !!!)
No Playing :
Playing is not permitted in either pool while classes are in progress. The pools are for lessons only.